Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Seller Tips-Buyers Experiance

 As a recent Seller myself the emotions I experiences as a typical seller: Where do I begin. I am sure Being my own seller/and Agent, Yes it was a bit much. As a typical seller I had to take the best advise any seller could have been given.
Declutter, and when you think have decluttered, start all over and declutter even more...Yes as an agent I am normal. We love to shop, we love to decorate, we love to store things. And oh how we had things stored away. We love to have our memories with our family out to enjoy. Family Pictures:) So to get started we cleaned out   the closets, under beds, behind the couch, under the coach. Do I dare look in the  garage? YIKES. This was a good experience for me as a seller/Agent. The Best advise I give to all my clients. I had to put into practice. Go through every room, room by room, look it over. Touch up paint, shine the windows, clean light fixtures, clean the mirrors. Lets face it Get a storage unit it gets overwhelming and it has to be done. OH and always hire movers, they are worth every penny. Walk around the yard, do you see deferred maintenance?  If you see it, buyers will see it too. Have the roof looked at, plumbing, check all electrical outlets. Are all the door handles locking properly?   Garage door opener, does it run smoothly? I have an amazing check point list to share with you.
Look at it like this: Have you ever test drove a car and seen where someone else had their coffee drink drippings in the drink holder, or dirt on the floor from their dirty feet? Have you noticed scuffed marks on the door panels, kid spill marks on the seats? How much were you willing to pay? Were you ready to look any further? Buyers do not mind buying used cars, as long as they shine, smell nice run smooth, and are reasonably priced. That is the exact experience Buyers are looking for when purchasing their home. It can have a  little dated carpet, however CLEAN carpet, it can have a bit of wear and tear, However it has to be open so they can imagine their family and their belonging in that space. It is important for a family to see their family in the home.

Call me when you are ready to get started:) Crystie Macormac-Broker Associate
Military Relocation Professional (Realty World) 316-990-5944

No comments:

Post a Comment